Compensation Equity Executive Director
The Compensation Equity Executive Director will join a team of 19 HR professionals responsible for driving the Firm’s Human Resources function, with a focus on leading our Equity Administration and Strategy. This individual will oversee the full cycle program of equity administration and will liaise with cross-functional teams to build and implement the process, ensuring compliance with all legal, tax, and finance considerations.
- Day-to-day administration of the Firm's equity (RSU) program: Work with Payroll to ensure correct tax withholdings when processing distributions
- Responsible for data entry/maintenance of, and liaising with, the Firm's equity administration service provider
- Monitor and track vesting and delivery of equity (incl. ongoing tracking of any performance metrics for vesting)
- Work with HR Comp team to:
- Coordinate grants during year-end
- Review offer letter terms regarding forfeited compensation buyout terms
- Value forfeited compensation and calculate PWP equity replacement awards; issue shares and liaise with new hires on documentation, process, etc.
- Act as point of contact for all questions from global plan participants
- Work with HR to review and advise on leaver treatment
- Work with Legal on preparing RSU agreements, updating Terms & Conditions of the deferral plan annually (law changes, regulation changes, etc.)
- Assist with the compilation of equity information for inclusion in monthly accounting processes, ad-hoc compliance reviews, annual proxy statement and SEC filings (Form 3, 4 & 5)
- Partner with Finance, Operating Committee and Comp Committee to determine how much stock can be granted distributed
- Work with Finance, Legal, Compliance, Tax and Payroll on the coordination of equity transactions
- Prepare for shareholder meetings, including compensation rationale for Section 16 officers and NEOs
- Prepare proxy statement CD&A disclosure (Compensation Discussion and Analysis)
- Produce materials for the Board of Directors and Compensation Committee, including meetings 2-4x per year
- Generate recurring reports and respond in timely manner to ad hoc requests from Finance, HR & business leaders
- Create, maintain and update procedure documents, provide support for special projects, enhancements and education initiatives as needed
- Project and analyze cash needs of the business for redemptions and exchanges
- Manage the equity model for the legacy partnership structure of the advisory business including:
- Tracking of vesting, forfeitures and accretion for individual holders
- Management of exchanges for public equity
- Interface with management to prepare and provide various ownership requests and reports
- Preparation of disclosure tables for SEC reporting
- GAAP reporting on partnership awards
- Calculate Pubco’s weighted average ownership % in Opco, which drives the attribution of income between Pubco and non-controlling interests on the income statement
- Manage EPS calculations:
- Weighted average shares outstanding
- Treasury stock method calculations for diluted EPS
- If-converted calculation for diluted EPS
- Stock comp amortization and related stock comp disclosures
- Preparation of the statement of changes in shareholders equity and equity adjustments required for transactions that result in a change in Pubco’s ownership interest in Opco (e.g. RSUs vesting)
- Determine the appropriate tax treatment for all award types
- Determine tax impact of share-based awards
- Manage 162m Firm tax deductibility rules
- Administration of tax receivable agreement
- Minimum of 10 years total experience in equity administration, with at least 5 years of managing an equity administration team in a global public company
- Comprehensive understanding across a variety of equity awards and public company equity programs, across multiple jurisdictions
- Experience with Morgan Stanley Equity Administration (Shareworks) platform strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- Certified Equity Professional certification preferred
- Experience with partnership equity administration preferred
- Familiarity with Workday preferred
- Financial Services experience preferred
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with HR and cross-functional teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with business leaders and sharing point of view.
- Strategic thinker with an execution mindset; willing to set the strategy and “roll-up” their sleeves to ensure high-quality execution.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated; ability to set and manage priorities, multi-task and pivot as priorities change.
- Strong analytical skills – leverages data to support decision making and to develop solutions; competency with Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required.
About Perella Weinberg Partners
Perella Weinberg Partners is a leading global independent advisory firm, providing strategic and financial advice to a broad client base, including corporations, institutions and governments. The firm advises clients across a range of the most active industry sectors and international markets. With more than 550 employees, Perella Weinberg Partners maintains offices in New York, Houston, London, Calgary, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Paris, Munich and San Francisco. For more information on Perella Weinberg Partners, please visit: http://www.pwpartners.com.