Human Resources Business Partner - Corporate Functions
The HR Business Partner will join a team of team of 19 HR professional responsible for driving the Firm’s human resources strategy. They will work alongside the Firm’s Corporate business leaders serving as a trusted advisor. The candidate will be a critical member of the business partner team and should bring previous experience and knowledge across HR including: talent development, recruiting, employee relations, leadership assessment, compensation, training, diversity and inclusion, etc. The candidate will also be heavily involved in firmwide and HR projects, on topics including but not limited to Diversity & Inclusion, Employee Engagement, and Talent Initiatives.
- Responsible for all core HR functions for the Corporate (Finance, IT, Legal, Compliance, HR, Office Services) businesses; ensure execution and prioritization of HR strategies and initiatives aligned with business plans and goals.
- Partner with business heads on forecasting and planning their talent pipeline; recruit across all levels including developing job descriptions, reviewing resumes, interviewing candidates, identifying hires and designing offer packages.
- Consult with business heads on organizational design, talent development and employee career paths.
- Work with business heads to develop and implement a training curriculum for each group.
- Partner with global HR colleagues to develop and implement the firmwide performance review process; partner with business managers to ensure reviews are crafted and delivered in a productive manner.
- Work alongside compensation team to execute annual compensation process; review market data, obtain market color and ensure employees’ pay remains competitive and aligned to performance.
- Independently coach managers and employees on employee relations matters, terminations, and performance management; partner with outside counsel as needed.
- Work closely with CHRO on Firmwide initiatives such as developing a Talent Strategy.
- Work closely with CHRO and Firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Leadership Council on developing and executing firmwide diversity strategy; generate ideas, design and craft internal communications pertaining to diversity initiatives.
- Lead and oversee projects which may include but are not limited to employee engagement surveys, employee wellness, and business continuity.
- 5-7+ years of professional HR experience; financial services experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR discipline and strong knowledge of HR-related laws and regulations.
- Experience working as an HR Business Partner or Generalist and having broad HR exposure.
Competencies and Skills:
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with HR team, business leaders and external vendors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating with business leaders and sharing point of view.
- Strategic thinker with an execution mindset; willing to set the strategy and “roll-up” their sleeves to ensure high-quality execution.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated; ability to set and manage priorities, multi-task and pivot as priorities change.
- Strong analytical skills – leverages data to support decision making and to develop solutions; competency with Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Workday preferred.
About Perella Weinberg Partners
Perella Weinberg Partners is a leading global independent advisory firm, providing strategic and financial advice to a broad client base, including corporations, institutions and governments. The firm advises clients across a range of the most active industry sectors and international markets. With more than 550 employees, Perella Weinberg Partners maintains offices in New York, Houston, London, Calgary, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Paris, Munich and San Francisco. For more information on Perella Weinberg Partners, please visit: http://www.pwpartners.com.